“A practically ideal writing environment” – NZZ
“I thought TextEdit was simple until I tried Writer” – Erik Spiekermann
INNOVATIVE WRITING TECHNOLOGY
- Convert Markdown to Microsoft? Word 2007 .docx, and back again
- Auto Markdown subtly formats your text on-screen without taking your hands off the keyboard
- Focus Mode (patent pending) helps you write one sentence at a time, one thought at a time
- Reading Time tells you how long it takes to read your text
A better tool doesn’t make a better craftsman, but a good tool makes working a pleasure.
- Focus Mode (Command-D)
- Full Screen (Control-Command-F)
- In-app preview panel (Command-R)
- Auto Markdown
- Reading Time, plus word and character count
- Custom typeface, carefully set for optimal readability
- Easy-to-find strong blue cursor
- Real-time iCloud sync with folder support
- Ready for Retina displays
- Markdown ? Microsoft? Word 2007 converter
1. Currently ONLY LATIN ALPHABET LANGUAGES, GREEK AND RUSSIAN are officially supported (NO Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Hebrew, Arabic etc support… yet).
2. Writer has no settings: with Writer you cannot fumble with fonts and colors. All you can do is write.
3. Writer uses plain text files, such as .txt and .md in “UTF-8” encoding.
TALK TO US
- Visit www.iawriter.com for information about Writer
- Visit support.iawriter.com for articles, support and discussion
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
We look forward to hearing from you!
— Information Architects Inc.